Ok... the holidays are over... time to get down to business!

Happy new years everyone!

I was off work over the holiday break, spending time with the family and doing some serious writing. Me and Sal did about five revisions on my script for Dead North, and settled on a title.

I'll post more once my script undergoes approval with the Dead North people. It's not going to be a masterpiece, but I think it will be fun to make and it has a coherent story.

The other thing I did over the holidays is spend a bunch of time with my tools to make sure I could pull off what I'm writing. I scrapped the idea of doing a full CGI, rigged and animated 3D character. I learned that although I'm not bad at 3D modeling, I can't rig a character for animation, and my attempt to do so turned out to be horribly complex. Needless to say, I fell flat on my face. So, no 3D monsters, at least not for now.

Over the next two weeks, I will be making props, lining up my final cast and locations. Hoping to knock off the shooting part in about three weekends.

I will put out a Facebook call shortly, but here are what are still needed for actors: 
Male, Aboriginal Part - Part has lots of dialogue. 
Female, Aboriginal Part - Part has only a few lines. 
Male, Aboriginal (flexible) Part - Supporting character, but appears through most of film and has almost as many lines as the lead.

All three must be in their mid-20's to early thirties, or at least appear so. They must live in or be available for filming in the Inuvik area between the dates of Jan 15 to Feb 15th. It goes without saying, but I also need people that can 100% commit to times and dates for filming once they sign on.

I'll keep you all posted as soon as I can and am allowed to release information.

Cheers,
Jeff J.

Comments

Popular Posts